You may be able to pay for a lot of traffic to your website or social media pages but getting those users to stick around and engage with you is an entirely different story. Both are critical, but their approaches are quite different. Today’s topic is all about audience engagement. This could include convincing them to sign up for an email newsletter, persuading them to make a purchase from you, sharing your blog on social media, or liking and commenting on your social media posts. Page views, email opens, and Twitter interactions are all indicators of engaged audience. While you do not need to analyse every metric, focusing on specific measurements can assist you in meeting your objectives.
Vanity metrics are simply no longer sufficient. It makes no difference how many followers you have online if none of them are engaged, if you bought them, tried the “follow, unfollow” method, or if they simply do not care what you are selling. Audience engagement has evolved into a critical component of digital marketing. It is no longer sufficient to send out a message and wait to see what happens, especially with the rise of social media. Instead, you need people who are interested in you, your platforms, and, most importantly, your products or services.
Here are some of the best ways to engaged audience:
- Invest time and energy into social listening: – One of the most effective ways to increase audience engagement is to insert yourself into places where your audience is already engaged. And where does that usually occur? Of course, there’s social media. We will mention social media a few times in this article (it is unquestionably important), but all other instances involve actual social content.
- Smart recommendations will keep them on-site for longer: – It is also critical to pay attention to audience engagement on the site. Content marketing is an important part of many of our digital marketing strategies. Content can help you with a variety of tasks, including providing valuable content for social media, improving your SEO, and increasing email list size.
- Increase the number of (and quality of) visuals in your content: – This probably sounds obvious, but it bears repeating because of just how important it really is. We all know that our content requires visuals at this point, but many brands need assistance with the quality and quantity of visuals they use. Quality does not trump quantity in this case—you require both! The problem is that many brands are already doing this correctly. If you are not, you risk having extremely low engagement rates on social media and elsewhere. Spend a lot of time and money on your visual content. Images, videos, infographics, and other media should be included. It is well worth the money.
- Collaborate with influencers: – Influencer marketing has proven to be a game changer in the marketing world. Many people assumed it was a passing fad that would fade away, but this was not the case. Best practices for influencer marketing Influencer marketing is an effective campaign strategy, according to nearly 95% of marketers. Connecting with the right influencers is an excellent way to increase your overall audience size while also increasing your audience engagement. Simply put, people want to connect with influencers and hear what they have to say.
- Engage on site via live chat/chatbots: – Live chat and chatbots are another great way to increase engagement with your audience while they are on your site! Customers prefer live chat to other modes of communication (it has the highest level of customer satisfaction at 92%). By incorporating chatbot functionality, you will be able to instantly engage with your audience 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Surprise your audience with discounts or free gifts: – We all enjoy freebies or discounts. Surprising your audience with a gift or discount is a great way to increase engagement while also keeping your audience satisfied. Everyone anticipates a sale at certain times of the year, such as the holidays or the end of the year.
- Get creative on social media: – Returning to social media. Use your imagination! Years ago, the only option was to create a Facebook page. As we all know, things have changed slightly in the last few years. You now have a plethora of platforms and options within each platform to have some fun and be creative with your social media. Learn how to drive more leads in social media marketing?
- Go for the giveaway: – Kapten & Son, for example, held a giveaway when they reached 700,000 Instagram followers. This is not only a nice way to thank your existing audience for their support, but it also helps boost engagement and expand your overall audience.
- Share user-generated content: – For a moment, put yourself in the shoes of a consumer. Have you ever posted a picture on social media of a new product or service that you liked and tagged the brand? Did they like the post, leave a comment on it, or even share it on their own website or social media? If you have ever had that happen to you, you know how great it felt. It is just basic psychology. It makes people happy. User generated content is not only great for sharing on social media, but it also helps to keep audience engagement high. Make it clear that you frequently share user-generated content.
- Retreat via web push notification: – You can always take matters into your own hands by engaging your audience directly through web push notification. You always run the risk of a user never returning to your website or not seeing your content on social media. Instead, you can contact them directly and encourage them to visit your website again.
Engaging your audience on-site, through social media, and through audience retargeting with web push is a great, all-encompassing way to increase audience engagement. Your strategy should include a healthy amount of your own high-quality content (especially visuals), as well as content from influencers and your own audience and customers. With time, you will build a large, engaged audience, which will translate into increased sales for your company.